Les Fils de Shamgar

Swinging the Ox Goad in Birmingham, Southgate, Chessington, Sevenoaks, Boston and Brighton.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Poker Face

What is the verdict chaps? Is it worth seeing? Based on the reviews it sounds more like the gritty Jason Bourne than the smarmy chauvinist who needs a slap. Someone said to me yesterday that they thought it should have been an 18 rather than 12A which makes the comment on Kermode's podcast even more disturbing (someone took their 4 year old to see it). I must admit the central plot of a prolonged poker game doesn't inspire me but then again I can't imagine they are playing cards for 90 minutes. I am mulling over whether to go and see it soon or just wait for the DVD rental.

5 Comments:

Anonymous mrs tata said...

go see! we liked! Yes, jason bourne identity similarity. Tis good. Craig rather nice to watch and silly script moments forgiven as some cool 'free running', good credits, plus twists.

I know - jason and I need to start talking and writing proper english.

11/20/2006 11:15:00 pm  
Blogger the erudite frog said...

Pretty good.
Mrs Frog and I saw it last night.
The intro sequence looks like ir was sponsored by Adobe Illustrator, but apart from that...
It's grittier, he's not smug, it's not too self indulgent, they don't try and get away with too much just because it's 'Bond'), Judy Dench is superb.

I even felt a bit disturbed by it, but not as disturbed as an *Odeon advert* before the movie, where people of various age groups are 'raptured' in a way reminiscient of the childrens immunisation adverts in the 90-00s. Apparently they had all gone to the movies (silly me) and not destroyed by a cataclismic event or hit with fatal illness.
Talk about misdirected!

11/21/2006 09:52:00 am  
Blogger Michael Radcliffe said...

Hey! What happened to your blog's template?

11/23/2006 06:37:00 am  
Blogger Michael Radcliffe said...

Have you all gone somewhere else?

12/06/2006 01:10:00 pm  
Blogger Michael Radcliffe said...

Well, I hope nobody's had a major illness or died or anything like that.

I'm starting to worry now.

12/10/2006 05:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home